- Darwin CBD
- Immediate Start
Iconic Services Group owns and manages; Australian Green Clean, Adelaide Green Clean, Adams Cleaning and Maintenance Services. Our vision is to make the world more liveable and we pride ourselves to be the market leaders in delivering sustainable, reliable and quality cleaning and waste management services. In doing so, we are limiting waste going to landfill and toxic chemicals being used throughout Australia.
We have grown our portfolio of clients to include commercial premises, major festivals, events, venues, stadiums as well as providing sustainable consumables and washroom supplies. Iconic Services Group employ over 400 staff working in over 600 sites throughout Australia. We have offices in Darwin, Adelaide and Melbourne and have presence in every state in Australia.
For more information visit our websites:
About the Role
Australian Green Clean are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic Event Cleaning Site Supervisor to lead, mentor and manage our fantastic and rapidly expanding Darwin City event cleaning team on a contract basis. With a great culture, this role is a fantastic fit for someone who is energetic, reliable and flexible to work across a 24/7 roster. You must have a very hands on management approach as you will be required to work with and along side of our team. - This is a very labour intensive position, not suited to those who are seeking a 9am-5pm office job.
You must be available to be in contact with Head Office 24/7 and prepared to react to last minute jobs that are required on site or small administrative functions outside of site management hours. Majority of our work will be conducted at outdoor events during the evenings, early mornings and weekends. It is expected you would be completely flexible around our rosters.
Your duties & responsibilities will include:
- General cleaning duties: picking up rubbish, bathroom/ toilet facilities, sorting through rubbish
- Operation of machinery: blower vacuum, high pressure cleaning & compactors
- Emptying bins
- Leading cleaning teams of up to 6 staff
- Training new staff
- Liaising with event organisers / managers
- General administrative duties: timesheets, allocating shift tasks / staff structure on site, ordering equipment / stock, reporting on stock, assets and waste
Why Join Us?
- Our team is fun, team-orientated and committed to the service we provide our clients
- We will train you to be the best at what we do
- Ongoing career development and opportunities
What we require from you?
- Prior cleaning experience is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience in a labour intensive position
- Current drivers license & able to drive a manual vehicle
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focussed
- High standard of work, cleanliness and attention to detail
- Hardworking attitude, enthusiasm and leadership skills
- Positive, can-do, outcome orientated attitude
- Committed to long term employment
- Flexible to work 24/7
- Physical strength and stamina to endure extreme heat and humid conditions
- Physical strength to move bins if required
How to Apply
Please click the "APPLY NOW BUTTON" and follow the prompts. You will be contacted by our Recruitment Department if opportunities become available matching your skills and experience.